In these videos we explore principles based on Sarvarth Chintami and how to interpret the 5th houses in Vedic Astrology. These are applicable to general chart interpretation and to the effects of dashas, because they both work together.
See the bottom of this post for the list of principles considered within this video.
5th House – Future Knowledge, One’s Legacy, Children, Capacity for Positive Change, the Heart and Belly, Intelligence, etc.
- Mercury gives mathematical and scientific skill. Jupiter gives intuition. The 5th House represents the future, the 9th house knowledge of the past. Combinations of Mercury and Jupiter with the 5th house and the ascendant and its lord, contribute to astrological knowledge.
- Benefic influences on the 5th house, its lord, and Jupiter, along with beneficial placements in the Rashi and Navamsha by house and sign, gives capacity for getting good counsel.
- Issues of progeny can be considered from the 7th, 5th , 9th Houses and Jupiter. Intelligence is determined from the 5th House and Mercury.
- If a benefic occupies the 5th house and is aspected by a benefic, while the lord of the 5th is a benefic, also under aspect of a benefic, one has the capacity to have children.
- One may also have children if the following be true:
-Jupiter is also aspected by benefics
-The lagna lord is in the 5th, the lord of the 5th and Jupiter are strong
-Jupiter lord of the 5th, in full strength, and aspected by lagna lord
-Lord of the 5th and Jupiter in 10 good vargas and aspected by a benefic
-Lords of 1st and 5th in the same house or aspecting each other, or in each other’s sign
-The lord of the Navamsha occupied by the 5th lord situated and aspected by a benefic
-The Navamsha lord of the 5th lord is in the lagna, the Navamsha lord of the lagna lord is in the 5th and the Navamsha lord of Jupiter is in a kendra
- The 5th house and 5th lord hemmed in by malefics and Jupiter with malefics give destruction of progeny.
- The Navamsha lords of the 5th, 7th and 9th houses located in a malefic navamsha and situated with malefics can give destruction of progeny.
- Difficulty to children is also indicated if the following be true:
-The 5th lord is in a malefic Navamsha, is in its sign of debilitation, is eclipsed, aspected by malefics or in the 6th, 8th or 12th house
-The lord of the 5th is in the 6th, 8th or 12th, aspected by malefics, and in a malefic Shashtiamsa
- The indications for children should be considered after looking at indications for destruction or creation of family first.
- Destruction or inability to create a family may occur if the following be true:
-The Moon is located in the 10th (Moon in 6th from any house is said to shorten longevity of person indicated by that house), Venus in the 7th (Malefics angular to Venus hurts genetic capacity to pass on life), malefics in the 4th house (Would be 12th from 5th and angular to the Venus) and lord of lagna with Mercury (Mercury is a neuter influence)
-Malefics in the 12th, 5th or 8th gives difficulty creating a supportive environment for children (12th afflicts 8th from 5th)(5th afflicted progeny itself)(8th afflicts the 2nd house of family)
-Moon and Jupiter in ascendant and Saturn and Mars in the 7th house
-The lord of the 5th house in the 5th and devoid of strength
-A weak Moon in the 1st and Jupiter in a sign of Saturn with Saturn
- Children may be had with great delay if the following be true:
-Mars in the lagna, Saturn in the 8th, Sun in the 5th with the majority of these planets aspected by benefics
-Saturn is in lagna, Jupiter in the 8th and Mars in the 12th house
- Intelligence and wisdom is indicated if the 5th house lord is benefic, is located with a benefic or is in the sign of a benefic.
- One is extremely intelligent if the lord of the 5th is exalted, aspects the 5th house and the 5th house is between benefics.
- This is more so if Mercury is strong and positively aspected.
- The Navamsha lord of the 5th aspected by benefics and in 10 good vargas also gives extreme intelligence.
- The Navamsha lord of the 5th in a kendra or trine and aspected by the lord of the 5th gives good intelligence.
- The 5th house in between benefics, the 5th house occupied by benefics and Jupiter in good dignity in a kendra or trine gives wisdom, learning and good counsel.
- The lord of the 5th and Mercury in many good vargas and aspected by gentle planets gives a good memory.
- The Drekkana lord of Mercury and the 5th house being a gentle planet and located in a Kendra or Trine and under the aspect of gentle planets, the native understands the slightest hint.
- Rahu and Saturn in the 5th and the lord of the 5th with a malefic and in a malefic Shashtiamsa one has low intelligence.
- Intelligence is also encumbered by the lord of the 5th house debilitated, or eclipsed by the Sun, or located in an enemy’s sign or aspected by a malefic and located in a malefic shashtiamsha.
- Saturn in the 5th house, the lagna lord aspected by Saturn, the lord of the 5th associated with malefics gives difficulty with positive intellect.
- No gentle influence on the 5th, while the 5th contains Saturn, Mandi or Rahu and the lord of the 5th aspected by a malefic gives loss of memory.
- A benefic located in the 5th house and aspected by Jupiter and Venus and the lord of the 5th also well aspected gives the capacity to impart learning to others.
Categories: learn astrology
You must be logged in to post a comment.