In these videos we explore principles based on Sarvarth Chintami and how to interpret the 6th house in Vedic Astrology. These are applicable to general chart interpretation and to the effects of dashas, because they both work together.
See the bottom of this post for the list of principles considered within this video.
6th House – Enemies, Debts, Thieves, Injury, Sorrow, Navel Region, Disease, Obstacles etc.
- Exclusive influence of benefic planets on the 6th house indicates an absence of enemies.
- Malefic influences to the 6th house and its lord creates enemies.
- To determine if the native or the enemies will prevail, see if the ascendant and its lord are stronger or if the 6th house and its lord are stronger.
- Types of enemies may be determined by the nature of planets aspecting, the houses they rule, and the sign of the 6th house.
- The 6th lord in the lagna and with a malefic planet or the 6th lord in the 8th house with a malefic indicates wounds and boils in the body. The lord of the 6th located in the 10th with a malefic planet and under the aspect of a malefic gives the same result.
- Wounds to the father would be predicted by the influence of the 6th lord on the lord and significator of the father. The same would be applied to lords and houses related to other people. The intensity of the malefic influence will show the intensity of the affliction.
- The part of the body which suffers will be indicated by the planet in an afflicted 6th house. Sarvartha Chintamani gives the following correlations to planets and limbs of the body:
Sun is the head and/or sides of the body. Moon is the face and/or the eyes. Mars is the neck and/or feet. Mercury represents ears and intestines. Jupiter relates to the nostrils and/or the belly. Venus is the genital region.
- The lord of the ascendant, Mars and Mercury located together in the 4th or 12th houses and influencing the 6th house, the yoga indicates diseases near the rectum.
- Moon, Mercury and the lord of the ascendant together with Rahu or Ketu in any sign is said to indicate leprosy. The limb afflicted would be indicated by the sign. When Mars adds malefic influence the leprosy comes from defective bile. When Saturn adds malefic influence to this combination it is the result of cold and dryness. When Sun adds a malefic influence to this combination it is the result of blood pollution.
- If this combination appears in the 1st house, leprosy would be throughout the body. This would not be so if the lagna lord was also in the 1st house.
- Should this combination influence the lord of the 9th house and Sun, leprosy would be to the father. The same could be applied for other people related to the native based on the same house and indicator being afflicted in this way.
- The lagna and 6th house lord located with Sun will show fever in the body. If these two are with the Moon it can show trouble from watery diseases. If these two are with Mars the trouble comes from wounds, boils or battles.
- Lagna lord and 6th lord with Mercury shows mental troubles. Associated with Jupiter would show absence of disease. If associated with Venus the trouble may come from women or urinary troubles. If associated with Saturn troubles are from nervousness and anxiety.
- Lagna lord and 6th lord with Rahu or Ketu can give trouble from thieves, snake bites, fire and/or nervous disorders.
- The lord of the 6th in the ascendant with Mercury and Rahu and without any benefic aspect causes one to take measures to remove his genitals. If Mars also joins, the removal is due to disease in the organ.
- The lord of the 7th and Venus in the 6th houses can contribute to sterility of the spouse.
- The lords of the 6th house and the ascendant lord in an angle or trine with Saturn indicates imprisonment. Rahu combined with this combination makes it doubly so.
- Imprisonment can be predicted for other family members, if the lord of the 6th, Saturn, Rahu and the lord of the house indicating the family member are also combined.
- These events occur during the dasha and sub dashas of the planets involved. The mahadasha must be that of the lord of the house which rules said person.
- If the Sun occupies the 6th house along with a malefic planet and is also aspected by a malefic planet, the person will have a wound or boil in the navel region due to heat.
- If the Moon is located in the 6th house with a malefic and is also aspected by malefics and in a malefic navamsha, the person suffers from windy troubles. It it be Mars instead of the Moon, the person suffers through heat and defective blood.
- If Mercury is in the 6th, the person suffers particularly from phlegm and windy troubles. If Jupiter is in the 6th he suffers from a swollen region in the body.
- If Saturn be similarly situated under malefic influence in the 6th house, the person suffers from colic troubles. If Rahu and Ketu are in the 6th, the person suffers from some dead spirit.
- If the 6th house is occupied by Saturn and Mars and is aspected by Sun and Rahu and the lord of the lagna is weak, one suffers from a lasting disease.
- If the lord of the 6th house is weak in lagna or Mars is in the lagna, one suffers from troubles in the head or face.
- If the lord of the Navamsha occupied by the lord of the 6th house is afflicted, the trouble should be indicated from the element of the Navamsha lord.
- The lord of the 6th house located in a kendra and under the aspect of malefics or if there are many malefics in the 6th house one has trouble from enemies.
- If a weak lord of the 6th house is aspected by a malefic planet or if it is located in between malefic planets, the yoga indicates trouble from enemies.
- If the lord of the 6th house is located in the 6th, 8th or 12th house and in its sign of debilitation or inimical sign, or eclipsed AND the lord of the lagna is strong, the enemy cannot succeed ultimately.
- If the lord of the 6th house is aspected by a benefic or is associated with a benefic and is located in the sign of a benefic planet, this gives friendship with the enemy.
- When the lord of the 6th house is weaker than the lord of the 1st house and is with benefics and is aspected by benefics the yoga indicates friendship with the enemy.
- If the lord of the 1st house is located in the 8th house and is aspected by the lord of the 6th house or when both of them are located in the 1st house, the yoga indicates troubles to maternal brothers and sisters.
- If Jupiter and Venus are located in the 1st house together with the lord of the 6th house and are aspected by Saturn, Mars and Rahu the yoga indicates trouble to people of the native’s community.
- If the lord of the first house is with benefics and there is in the 6th house, the Moon or other benefic planet and if a benefic occupies a kendra or trine, one lives in harmony with the community.
- If the lord of the 6th house is with malefics, in a malefic navamsha, in its sign of debilitation or in an eclipsed state and without the aspect or association with benefics, one’s familial community may not be satisfying.
- If the lord of the 9th house is located in the 6th house and is aspected by the lord of the 6th house and the lord of the 6th house is located with Saturn and Mars, one may lose due to fire and theft.
- This science should be divulged to a theist and not an atheist.
Categories: learn astrology
You must be logged in to post a comment.