In these videos we explore principles based on Sarvarth Chintami and how to interpret the 8th house in Vedic Astrology. These are applicable to general chart interpretation and to the effects of dashas, because they both work together.
See the bottom of this post for the list of principles considered within this video.
8th House – Longevity, Death, Rectum, Mode of Death, Enjoyment of Food, Service, Being Bitten, Defeat
- The lord of the 8th located in the 12th with malefics gives one a short life. This is also true if the 8th is in the 6th under malefic influences.
- The lord of the 8th located in its own sign gives one long life. The lord of the 8th in the 7th, in its own house, in the sign of a friend or exaltation is also said to be a yoga for long life.
- The lord of the 8th and that of the 1st house together in the 6th or 12th and under benefic aspect, gives long life. Or the lords of the 6th and the 12th houses in the 1st under benefic aspect also gives long life.
- Good longevity is also given by the lord of the 10th being located in a friendly sign or sign of exaltation. The lords of 10th, 1st and 8th in kendras can confer long life.
- The previously mentioned planets together with Saturn and located in a Kendra, in their own sign or Moolitrikona signs, the native enjoys long life.
- The lord of the lagna is in a Kendra with Jupiter or Venus or aspected by them, one is long lived.
- If natural malefics occupy the 3rd, 6th and the 11th houses and natural benefics occupy kendras and trines and the lord of the 1st is strong, the native enjoys full longevity.
- If Kendras contain benefic planets and the lord of the lagna is with a benefic and under aspect of Jupiter, one enjoys longevity.
- If natural benefic planets are located in the 6th, 7th and 8th houses and are associated with benefics and there are natural malefics in the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses one has longevity.
- If the lord of the 8th house is in the 1st under aspect of Jupiter and Venus or is associated with them, and the lord of the 1st is in a Kendra, one has long life.
- If there are in the horoscope three planets in exaltation, the lord of the 8th in the 1st and no malefics in the 8th, one enjoys long life.
- If there are three planets in the 8th house and each of them is in a good dignity and the lord of the lagna is strong, one enjoys long life.
- One enjoys long life if all planets are in angles or trines and all the planets are good through the vargas.
- Malefics occupying the 6th, 8th or the 12th and the lord of the lagna weak and there is no benefic aspect on any of these factors, one is short lived and without progeny.
- If Malefics are in kendras, without the aspect of any benefics and the lord of the lagna is weak, one is short lived.
- If natural malefics are located in the 12th and 2nd houses and are not aspected by benefics and are in malefic shastiamshas one has a short life.
- Longevity is of three types. Short is 32 years. From 32-69 is middle. Long life is 69 and above.
- If the lord of the lagna is enemy of the Sun, the longevity is short. If it is neutral, the longevity is middle. If it is friend, the longevity is long.
- One lives till middle age if the lord of the lagna is weak, Jupiter is in a kendra or trine and there are natural malefics in the 6th, 8th or 12th.
- If a benefic occupies a kendra or trine and Saturn is strong in a kendra or trine, malefics are situated in the 6th or 8th, the yoga gives middle longevity.
- If both lords of the 1st and the 8th houses are weak and are influenced by Mars and the lord of the 6th house, the native dies in battle or by weapons.
- If the lords of the 8th and the 1st house are located in the 6th with Rahu, Ketu or Saturn then in the main ruling period of the lord of the 8th and the sub period of the lord of the 1st or vice versa, death takes place due to thieves or weapons.
- If the lord of the 1st and 8th houses are located with the lord of the 4th house, death is caused by conveyances. If the two are with Jupiter, death occurs due to loss of appetite. This also occurs if the lord of the 1st and Jupiter are together in the 6th. This can also occur if the lords of the 1st, 4th and 2nd are together.
- If the lords of the 1st and 2nd houses are located with Saturn, death takes places by consumption of poison. If the two, the lords of the 1st an 2nd house are with Rahu or Ketu and located in the 6th, 8th or 12th, one is hanged.
- If the lord of the 6th house is located with Rahu, Ketu and Saturn, one dies at the hands of a wild animal. If the lord of the 6th is with Jupiter death is through an elephant. If it is with Moon it is cause by some horse. If with Mars, death is due to a dog. If with the Sun, through the horns of some animal.
- If the Moon is located in the 8th house along with Rahu and Saturn and is weak in Paksha strength, one suffers from epilepsy. Moon in such a condition also gives trouble from souls of the dead and from water.
- If a weak Moon is located in the 8th with Mars, Rahu and Saturn or are placed in the 6th or 12th, one suffers epilepsy and trouble from dead souls.
- Moon in the 4th with a node can make one suffer from intermittent fevers. This is worsened if with the lord of the 8th and located in malefic shashtiamsha.
- If the Sun is in the 6th or the 8th, in its sign of debilitation and aspected by malefics, one dies from punishment from the government and suffers financial loss because of it.
- If Sun is with Mars in the 9th or 10th house and aspected by a malefic, there is early death of father. If both the lagna and Moon are afflicted by two malefics, one dies in early childhood.
- If at the time of birth the Moon is eclipsed or with Parivesh and is aspected by malefics, it gives sudden death. If the asterisms Chitra, Uttaraphalguni or Purvashadha are located in ascendant of Moon degree and the Moon is eclipsed and under Parivesh it is dangerous to the life of the mother, the son and the maternal uncles.
- If Mars is located in the 7th or 8th house and is aspected by malefics, the native dies early. If Mars is in the 3rd along with malefics and aspected by malefics, the yoga indicates early death for younger brothers.
- If the Moon is located in the 7th along with a malefic and is also aspected by malefics the yoga indicates early death of mother. If Sun is similarly situated, it indicates death of father. If Mars, Saturn and Venus are in the 7th, it indicates death of son.
- If Sun and Moon are in the 12th without aspect of benefics the native becomes blind. If one of them is in the 6th and the other in the 12th without benefic aspect, one is blind in one eye.
- If the Sun and Moon are in the 12th and the lord of the 12th is in the 1st, this indicates destruction of the body. Similar indications occur if Jupiter is located in the 12th or 8th with malefics and under malefic aspect.
- If the lord of the 1st house is strong, but the lords of the 4th and 9th houses are weak and occupy the 8th house, there will be death of father and the mother at the time of birth.
- If the lord of the 3rd house along with Moon is located in the 6th, 8th or 12th house, one drinks milk of women other than his own. Mother dies soon after birth. If the lord of the 9th house and its significator (Sun) are located in the 6th, 8th or 12th house, the father does not see his son.
- If two planets, lord of the 9th and the Sun, are located in a trine, this yoga indicates good comfort from the son. The location of the lord of the 9th, Sun and Saturn in the 6th house indicates death of the father during the night.
- If the lord of the 9th house is located in a moveable sign or in the 8th house, the father dies away from home. If in a fixed or dual sign, death occurs near home.
- If the Sun and Moon are in kendras, in moveable signs, the son will not have the opportunity to light the pyre of the parents.
- If the lord of the 9th house is strong and Moon, lord of the ascendant and lord of the 4th are without strength, the yoga indicates severe trouble to the mother.
- If there are many malefics in the 8th, disease will arise on or near the rectum. This will not be true if there are benefic aspects to the 8th house.
- One leads a comfortable life if there are benefics influencing the 8th house. If malefics influence there will be coarse food.
- If the 8th house is located with malefics or aspected by malefics, there is often defeat in one’s undertakings. If there are benefic planets on the 8th house there is no defeat for the native.
- If the 8th house is a moveable house and the 8th lord is a moveable sign, one dies away from home.
Categories: learn astrology